Saturday, December 1, 2018

Families are Forever.

What and incredible week it has been, my friends.  I'll give you the play-by-play of the emotional roller coaster it has been hahaha

Sunday: Stake Conference for the Makati Stake!!  I had the chance to catch up with some of my friends who are members from my past wards here in Makati.  I've spent over a third of my mission in different wards in this stake so not to be cocky but I do know a good amount of people here hahaha.  After Stake Conference I taught some driving lessons to the Elder who will be replacing me as an Assistant.  I haven't mentioned this in my past emails but the Elder who will be replacing me is none other than my one and only trainee, ELDER ASAY!!  Such an amazing Elder and it's been such a pleasure to see him grow as a missionary and progress.  
He happened to hit a small cement pole on his first time driving around hahaha!!  

Monday:  Last trip to the good ol' Ocean Park.  None of the Elders with me had been before so they had a really good experience.  It was a nice last day for Elder Somosa who will be departing tomorrow.

Tuesday:  We were blessed with the opportunity to head to the temple in the morning!  I can truly testify that the temple is a sacred ground where you will be able to feel the truthfulness of this church resonating within every room.

In the afternoon I had to say a hard goodbye to one of my dearest friends here in the mission, Elder Somosa.  It was hard seeing him go but I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet such a great missionary like him.

Thursday:  Let me just say that the Senior Couples of a mission are the the BEST missionaries hahaha!  They took us out to Chili's as a goodbye dinner for me and Elder Bennion.  I'm so grateful for them and all that they do for us here to help our mission function and progress.
ELDER GIFFORD AND HIS ICE CREAM CAKE!!!!

The mall was really decked out with Christmas decorations!!! 

Friday: BAPTISM!!  The Callos family has been such a blessing to this ward!  Brother Callos has been a member of the church for quite some time now but became to busy to attend church.  Luckily we were able to help him return back to the church to a loving ward and at the same time we worked closely with the Sister missionaries in the ward to help his wife and children get baptized! 


I know that families can be together forever and I am so grateful to God for allowing us to be instruments in the helping of this amazing family to return to Him. 

This week we will be having our mission tour where Elder Teh from the Area Presidency and Quorum of the Seventy will be coming to our mission!!  I'm very excited to have a personal interview with him and to hear the guidance and help that he will give to help us progress in our mission.

I REALLY love being a missionary.  

1 week and a half to go.  Still so much more to do.  This gospel means everything to me and you can bet I'll be working my hardest and doing my best to the finish line.

Love you guys so much, I'll talk to you next week!!!


ELDER BURDEOS
"T Minus 2"

2016 - 2018
PHILIPPINES MANILA MISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment