Monday, April 17, 2017

What in the world is Holy Week?

So this week was Holy Week!  A celebration of the Resurrection of our Savior!  This was new to me, we left the apartment and walked outside.  There was not a person in sight.  I began to think that we had just slept through the Apocalypse and we were the only ones alive but Elder Desabille explained to me that usually people go out of town on vacation or stay inside on Holy Week.  This was a good and bad thing for us.  Good, because we were able to get to our appointments REALLY fast with no traffic, and bad because nobody wants to hear from some little boys while they're celebrating Holy Week.  Since we were not having a very successful time finding new investigators, we decided to focus our attention on less active members and recent converts. This is Sister Corpus, a less active member in our ward.  She is SO nice.  We talked to her and taught her and after we were done teaching she saw that my bag was torn and jumped up and said "ELDER SAGLIT LANG" (Elder wait one second) and she went and grabbed her materials and told me she was going to fix my bag, and that she did.  She did an amazing job!  The people here are so hospitable and friendly!



This is me with Brother Aaron, one of our three youth workers.  We took this while Sister Corpus was fixing my bag.  Brother Aaron is such a great help to us because without him we wouldn't be able to visit some of our investigators due to what we call the 3rd lalaki rule.  Strong testimony too!



We also had our zone conference on Friday and it was so enjoyable.  We truly have the best Mission President.  I have a lot of trust and faith in President Ostler.  He'll be leaving in July though so that is a nice kick to the face but i'll enjoy him while we have him!!!  


And here is just a picture of me (in case you forgot what I look like), my room mate Elders, and Brother Credo, one of my favorite members.  Loving the work and it just keeps getting better and better!!!!  The church is true I love you all have an amazing week!🍉!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment