Sunday, April 30, 2017

I'm Melting

So first let me start of by saying it's hot.  I've been here for close to 3 months and still every time I step out of the apartment I cry a little bit (and those tears sizzle and dissolve into the sun because DANG it is hot)  I got a fever from the heat and i've been recovering from it the last few days but we've still been able to head out and work every day which I do not regret.  This is what we eat when it gets super hot it's called Halo-Halo and it consists of whatever the heck they decide to put in it (Coconut, Jello, fruits, condensed milk, etc.) + ice!  It's saves lives. 


So this week is transfers and we are extremely sad since two missionaries in our District will be finishing their missions this transfer.  Elder Sanchez, one of my best friends on the mission, is one of them.  (Please excuse how sleep deprived I look in this photo).  He has taught me a lot about missionary work and what it truly takes to serve the Lord diligently and i'll never forget him! 


Also not to mention since it's their last week here we were able to obtain more dinner appointments because the members invited our whole district to dinner.  This was one of them with the Ronquillo Family, they are always so kind and love to have dinner with the missionaries since they too have two missionaries serving in the field right now.  



The other missionary going home is Sister Crichton, she is the one in red on the right of me.  She is one of the funniest people I have ever met.  She is from American Samoa and loves to joke around.  These two missionaries are still very diligent and hard working even though they will be going home this week, this was taken at their baptisms that they had this week.  

Not exactly sure what is going to happen this week with transfers since i'll finally be graduating from training!  I'm extremely nervous and intimidated but all I can do is trust in the Lord.  He wouldn't give any of us trials that he knew we wouldn't be able to handle.  That's it for this week I love you all remember to brush twice daily to avoid gingivitis!!

Elder Burdeos​

No comments:

Post a Comment