Sunday, May 7, 2017

Parañaque > Manila West

Remember how last week I said I was scared for what was going to happen this transfer week?  Well I had a good reason to be scared because I was transferred!  I thought for sure Elder Desabille would be the one transferring because he has been in Parañaque for about 5 months now.  We were pretty surprised to hear that I was the one transferring and to be honest I was REALLY sad.  I love Parañaque and the members and most of all I HATE packing.  
I've been assigned in Manila West, Tondo 1st Ward.  Tondo is referred to as the Detroit of the Philippines so you can imagine my excitement upon hearing that I would be assigned there!  Transfer day itself was SUPER hectic.  We spent a total of 7 hours waiting for a taxi on transfer day.  3 hours to get from Parañaque to Makati, 2 hours to get from Makati to Tondo, then 2 more hours to drop an Elder off at his area since his companions are zone leaders and they were attending a meeting at the mission home.  Our house here is pretty ugly to be honest, there's rats and cockroaches.  The only difference is the cockroaches here are not the size of a dollar bill.  Also to top it all off the very first day we arrived here the water was broken throughout the whole city.  There were people showering in the giant pipes to the side of the road.  Tondo is absolute craziness but the weird part is I am so happy here.  As weird as this place is I really love it here in Tondo.  There are SO many people here.  It's like i'm walking through a concert crowd 24/7 but they are so friendly to us.  Before we even introduce ourselves and the church they tell us to come in and they are so willing to hear our message.  I know that this place will continue to progress and there are so many people here that the Lord has prepared for us and I cannot wait to share this message with them.  I have a good feeling about this area and i'm starting to learn more and more about what it takes to be a missionary the harder things get!  

Here are my pictures for this week:


Last pictures with Tatay Desabille.  He is incredible and he has taught me a ton!  He's going to continue to change lives and i'm so grateful for the opportunity to be companions with him!

My new companion is Elder Dominguez, the crazy one holding taking the picture.  He is amazing and I can't wait to change some lives with him!

Have an amazing week everyone and remember you are loved!

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment