Sunday, January 14, 2018

Transfer Week, the eyebags are real

Hey squad, sorry I didn't get to send an email out last week.  I had it all ready to send but none of my pictures would upload and it wasn't extremely eventful.  We got wrecked this week with transfers.  Emotionally, physically, mentally... but never spiritually of course.  I had to say goodbye to Elder Cram this week which really sucked because he has been my favorite companion so far but I got a new companion.  His name is Elder Somosa and he's from a place in the Philippines called Leyte.  He is so kind and he's helping me progress my tagalog which is awesome after having American companions for the last 4 months.  I didn't get transferred this transfer, I'm still in the office...  
After all of the hard challenges and struggles that we faced this week I can't help but feel grateful for the Lord and His fulfillment of the the promises that he makes in the scriptures.  

"But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen." - Nephi 9:6

It's a very comforting feeling to know that no matter how hard things get, the Lord is willing to work with us as long as we stay focused and continue to trust in Him.  I love seeing this promise from the scriptures be fulfilled in my life, especially out here doing the Lord's work.  Being a missionary is so sick.  

1- We're getting really close with our ward and they are amazing.  They always invite us over for dinner and they're just a huge help to us.  
2- We bought Elder Cram some going home souvenirs before he took off.
3- Elder Allen is another good friend of mine who went home this transfer.
4- I'm going to miss Elder Cram and Elder Fiesta.  Elder Fiesta on the very left will be opening an area on Coron while at the same time training his cousin hahaha.  Elder Cram will be going home to the blessed land of Riverton Utah.  They've been such a blessing to work with and they've taught me so much.
5 & 6 - We had a ward family home evening and it was a great experience to get closer with the Ward and we were able to share some principles about centering our families around the gospel.

Love you all have an amazing week.







No comments:

Post a Comment