Sunday, August 12, 2018

Red Flood Warning!

It's been a really rainy time here in Manila.  It's been stormy almost every day and it makes it a little hard to do missionary work when the streets are swimming pools and it takes you hours to walk to one appointment.  The funny part about being a missionary is that you embrace stuff like that.  

This week was transfer week and I'll be taking another 6 weeks in the Manila/Mandaluyong Zone!!  The Lord must really love having me in Manila i've spent almost half my mission in this zone hahaha!  I love Manila though and we'll keep working hard regardless.  

Besides the rain and the transfers this week has been pretty smooth and very enjoyable.  With the rain sometimes making it hard to leave our apartment I've been able to use that time to read more of the Book of Mormon and I cannot emphasize how important this Book is to me.  If you are in need of feeling comfort, joy, and peace in this life I can testify to you that this Book will deliver exactly that.  The Book is of God no doubt about it.  If you're not reading it I cannot tell you how much you are missing out. 

Pics:
1- We attended a birthday party at the Blanco family residence.  Their house is tiny but they are still some of the happiest people I have ever met.  I never want to forget how humble and content the people are with their lives here.  

2- Brother Blanco straight up got some chocolate bars as his birthday present and he was happy as ever about it.

3- Our zone made these sweet zone t-shirts to represent our love for the MAMA ZONE!!

4- 2nd transfer of the MAMA zone has come to a close!

5- Elder Viñas is sitting on a tall chair because he wanted us to be the same height hahaha

6- Our AWESOME Ward Mission Leader treated us to Starbucks!

7- We taught 5 students from CEU and they wanted to take a picture with us after the lesson.

8- Just a little example of what the streets look like during rainy season here


I don't know if I've said this enough times in my emails but I love my mission, I love being a missionary, I love the message of the gospel.  The church is true and we are all children of a loving God!!  Mahal ko kayong lahat!  Ingat!

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment