Thursday, December 29, 2016

Happy New Years!

This week has been a very hard one but not nearly as hard as last week thank the Heavens!  We're starting to get into the groove of the MTC and it's all starting to get a little bit easier.

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!  Even though it was extremely hard to be away from home on Christmas it felt good to focus on the Savior, who is the reason we celebrate the holiday in the first place!  We had Elder Dallin H. Oaks come and give us an amazing devotional with his incredibly talented kids.  No joke we were witnessing some 5 years olds tear up the violin.  It was incredible! Not only did we get to listen to an Apostle of the Lord speak to us on Christmas but we also get to hear the voice of an Angel, David Archuleta!  And if that wasn't already good enough, after the performance we got to meet him!  David Archuleta is such a humble guy and an amazing example to me.  He dropped the fame, the money, everything just so he could serve the Lord for 2 years of his life.  If he can do it then there's no reason I can't.  Christmas was a pretty good day aside from the cereal we had for dinner so that the workers could all be with their families but we didn't mind too much because every other day they work really hard to provide for us.

This week has been pretty much smooth we have been working hard as a district and my Tagalog is getting better each day.  We have to teach lessons to 2 practice investigators in full Tagalog and it's stressful but you can definitely feel the presence of the Holy Ghost preventing me from saying something really stupid in Tagalog.  Now let's just hope one day He can prevent me from saying stupid things in English...  My companions and I were struggling for a while but we went through some companionship inventories and we get along pretty darn well now (for the most part).  I'm loving it so far here thank you all for your nice emails they help me so much.  See you all next week!  Happy New Year!!!

-Elder Burdeos


Christmas Day at the MTC


A rare shot of Elder Brunson and I actually awake in class (just kidding mom please don't hurt me).


Me and my beautiful district with the secret santa gifts we all bought each other.


One of my favorite Christmas presents of all time.  Ms. Maysen Rollo sent me a calendar with our face photoshopped all throughout it.  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment