Thursday, January 5, 2017

Week 3

Very spiritually uplifting week!  I'm starting to get into more of a rhythm now here at the MTC.  The days are starting to fly by and I feel a little more in tune with the spirit everyday.

We started off this week with fast Sunday and it is safe to say it was the best fast Sunday ever!  I love to mess around with my zone and they are all a bunch of dorks but sitting in that meeting listening to all of them bear their testimonies was incredible.  Missionaries are blessed with the gift of being able to testify of the spirit stronger than ever.  I saw the spiritual side of the people in my zone and it just made me realize that underneath all of us lies a message.  A testimony that we need to share and a light that we need to let shine forth in order to bring those around us unto Him.  It made me so grateful to be a missionary and to be blessed with the people around me.

Here at the MTC we have the opportunity to teach members of the church each Tuesday; we call this TRC.  So my companions and I formed a lesson centered around the Book of Mormon.  We walked into that lesson taking into account that the person we were teaching was going to be a member and we arranged our lesson thinking that they would have some knowledge of the Book of Mormon. Well it turns out that due to some car problems, the members we were supposed to teach were unable to make it and they needed to find a last minute replacement.  So the guy we were sitting there teaching, 1: Didn't speak any tagalog, 2: Was not a member of the church and had little knowledge of the Book of Mormon, and 3: Not only was he not a member of the church but he was actually an Atheist.  That was possible the most nervous I have been when teaching a lesson than ever before.  I would pick teaching a full Tagalog lesson to a member of the church on the spot than teaching a full English lesson to an Atheist on the spot any day.  Anyways, the Lord blessed us throughout the lesson.  We taught him a very strong lesson about how God is our Loving Heavenly Father and it turned out to be incredible.  We actually got him to commit to read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon and he said a prayer for us before we left.  It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to be able to teach real investigators every day.  Unfortunately it will probably take a while for me to be able to teach just as well in Tagalog but through faith I know somehow I'll be able to do it.

I hope you had an amazing new year and I encourage you to have at least one new years resolution centered around growing your testimony!  I love you all thank you so much for your kind and supportive emails!

-Elder Burdeos


Probably one of the funniest things I have ever read.  One of my Zone Leaders is from Australia so his companion likes to make fun of Australia saying that it's run by emus.


We were asked to host for the new missionaries entering the MTC.  We showed them around and gave them some advice on how to not cry like a little girl every night.  Something I wish my host would have taught me.  (Elder Wilde who is on the far left was actually my host here)


Me and one of my best friends here at the MTC, Elder Dickson.  He's 6'5" so this is me standing tall as I possibly can and I can barely see over his shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment