Thursday, January 19, 2017

Be Prepared

Not much has happened here at the MTC since I was last emailing.  It kind of feels like I've hit a spiritual wall but the devotionals and weekly temple visits are helping me through everything for sure.  My favorite experience this week was probably sacrament meeting.  Our whole zone is instructed to prepare a 5 minute talk every Sunday for sacrament meeting and we don't find out who will be speaking until about 30 seconds before you go up.  So me, being the responsible leader that I am, did not prepare a talk.  I completely forgot and lone behold the very first speaker they called up was truly yours.  I didn't even know what the topic was that Sunday so instead of preparing for a good 30 seconds to give that talk, I used that 30 seconds to pray to Heavenly Father.  I was about to make a fool out of myself in front of 2 zones and all of our leaders so it was basically a "PLEASE HAVE MERCY" prayer.  I walked up to the podium with my scriptures as if I knew I was going to give a talk when in reality the scriptures were opened to the scripture index so I was looking for a scripture WHILE ON THE PODIUM.  Heavenly Father is too good to me.  I took a wildly vague guess and decided to talk about repentance and baptism and all those great missionary responsibilities.  I GUESSED RIGHT!!!  I just sat there and let the words flow out of me thanks to the Holy Ghost and it turned out to be a decent talk.  President DeLamare shook my hand and told me that he really enjoyed my talk.  This experience was a warning from Heavenly Father that if I don't start being more responsible, one of these times I won't be as lucky and have the spirit with me when I need it.  He truly is too good to me.

I am absolutely loving the missionaries in my zone.  They treat me with respect and love so it's my responsibility to do the same for them.  I wasn't able to get a picture of them all but I will for sure next week!  Just imagine about 15 six foot missionaries and 1 small Filipino boy and you'll be able to form a great mental image!  God be with you and I love you all!  Thank you for your packages and kind emails they never go unnoticed!

-Elder Burdeos



Had to say goodbye to these two squares this week.  Can't wait to see them touch those in Washington!  (Their visas got delayed so they'll be serving in Washington for 6 weeks)



Meant to send this one last week but it didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment