Thursday, January 12, 2017

Halfway to Heaven

Great week here at the MTC!  Very stressful but we are hanging in there!

I received exciting news this week during our sacrament meeting.  I was released as district leader and now I have the opportunity to be the zone leader!  It was very intimidating for me at first considering that I would be going from leading a group of 6 people to leading the whole Tagalog speaking zone (about 30 people) but i'm very excited for this opportunity and i'm going to try my hardest to set the example for our zone.  We have 18 new missionaries that came in yesterday and I can't wait to get to know them better.

Elder Neil L. Andersen came in for a devotional on Tuesday and it was incredible.  He spoke to us about the blessings that come from being a missionary and why is it so important for us to make every moment count on a mission.  I was so intrigued by Elder Andersen's words and I could feel the spirit throughout the room.  After his talk we walked over to my district (we were assigned to be ushers this week so we got front row seats to both devotionals) and shook our hands.  We were six of the only people who had the chance to shake his hand because soon after the devotional we waited for him to leave the room before departing from the auditorium.  I am never washing this hand again.

This week I realized that attitude is everything.  A couple days ago, we learned that our flight plans have been delayed by a week.  Initially I felt like I was going to die on the spot.  I have been so eager to leave for Manila and immerse myself in the Filipino culture so receiving that news ruined my day. Luckily, the spirit somehow found its way into my heart while we were teaching our practice investigators and testified to me that Heavenly Father needs me here for one more week.  Whether it's to learn more tagalog or get extra practice teaching, there's a reason for everything.  I only get to enjoy the MTC once so I need to make it count!

Love you all i'll talk to you next week.

-Elder Burdeos


Elder Takau, our old zone leader and my brother.  Taught me everything I know about the MTC and what it takes to lead.  He was the very first person I would go to when I was struggling and needed words of motivation.  Remember his name, he will be playing running back for BYU when we get back.


Me :)


As a zone leader I have records for the last few missionary transfers.  I found Kirsten and Brady's records hahaha


We have been going to the temple weekly, this is us this morning.


I've been collecting Disney characters in Kinder eggs and I have some of my favorites so far.


I'M A BIG DEAL

No comments:

Post a Comment