Thursday, January 26, 2017

Last Week at the MTC!

Where has the time gone?!  I'm leaving for Manila next week!​

     The MTC has been such an amazing and uplifting experience for me.  The challenges, the strong spirit, and the excessive amounts of food have made for an unforgettable experience.  Besides the hardcore volleyball every day, I think the thing I will miss the most are the devotionals.  The MTC devotionals are like having a general conference twice a week.  They allowed me to feel the spirit and know my purpose as a missionary whenever I have felt inadequate.  Another thing that I will miss are the awesome teachers, they work their hardest to invite the spirit before each class and it enables us to learn so much more through the power of the spirit!  I will have pictures with my teachers next week because I don't actually end classes until next Monday.  
     I would be lying if I didn't say the MTC has been the hardest few weeks of my life.  The days are long, the language is difficult, and the schedule flat out makes no sense sometimes.  I've endured a lot of struggles here mentally and physically to the point that i've questioned my purpose of serving a mission.  The MTC has made me question how hard i'm willing to work to bring the Lord's children unto him.  One day this week I was feeling very down and felt no motivation to learn, lead, or even move for that matter.  I wanted to go back to the residency and take a long nap.  I couldn't feel the spirit when teaching our practice investigators and less active members so I was getting frustrated and wondering if I was even worthy enough to feel the spirit.  That night, a teacher pulled me aside for our weekly coaching and asked me how I was doing.  I was honest with him and told him the truth about how I was doing.  He shared his MTC experience with me which was actually very similar to my situation and gave me advice that really stood out to me.  He said, "If you ever feel inadequate or not strong enough to be a missionary, put your strength in Jesus Christ".  It actually took me a while to think about and ponder the meaning of his words.  Then it hit me, the strength behind the message of this gospel has nothing to do with me.  It's founded upon the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His Atonement.  It doesn't matter if i'm the most confident or most timid missionary in the field, the message is still the same.  
     The MTC on top of everything has taught me to trust in the Lord and remember that He has a plan.  Everything happens for a reason.  It makes me excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in the Philippines!  In all honesty I am terrified to go to the Philippines.  I'm not yet confident with the language, i'm going to be 20 hours away from my friends and family back home, and I HATE HOT WEATHER.  Luckily, I will have the Lord to watch over me and my loved ones.  It's very comforting to know we are never alone!!  Thank you to those who have sent me letters and emails here at the MTC i'm glad to have you along with me as well!  I love you all I will see you in Manila!!!

​Elder Burdeos​


Elder Tyler (A friend back home from Riverton going to Urdaneta) and I

My beautiful zone. I will miss them so much

Loving the language here. the book actually makes more sense if you hold it upside down

I'm going to miss Elder Brunson he's been a brother to me and i'm grateful to have known him.

No comments:

Post a Comment