Sunday, September 10, 2017

Manila West ---> Makati (TATAY GABE)

This week was probably the most hectic week of my mission so far...  

So during district meeting it was announced that I would be transferring to Makati 2C with Elder Asay.  So nothing really stood out to me, just another area and another Filipino companion.  So we said some SUPER painful goodbyes to some members and investigators and headed to Buendia the next day to meet our new companions.  When I got out of the car our zone leaders approached me and and said, "Elder Burdeos, shouldn't you be at the mission home?"  and I was super confused as to why I needed to be at the mission home and it was then they informed me that Elder Asay is straight out of the MTC and i'll be training him.  So at that point I was super excited because I was kind of hoping that I would be able to train at one point but I was also panicking because I was going to be super late to the meeting.  I waited for a taxi with Elder Nacalaban, my old district leader who was also not informed that he would be training a new missionary and we headed to the mission home.  Upon arrival I was super shocked to find out that Elder Asay is from Mapleton, Utah and his name is actually pronounced AY-CEE.  He is officially the first American that i'll be working with on my mission so I was super excited.  So we had our orientation and told us all that we needed to know to train these missionaries.  After our orientation we made our way back to our new apartment and we then encountered a new problem.  Our area doesn't even exist yet.  We'll be opening a new area in Makati.  It's pretty hard just to start in a brand new area but it's even more difficult when you have no idea what your area even is.  At first I was very intimidated and didn't know what to do so we just decided to walk around and find people and it was surprisingly super effective!!!  Elder Asay is incredible and the people here love him!!  He's adjusting super well and his tagalog is incredible for being right out of the MTC.  He's a super humble missionary who follows direction and counsel super well and he has such a strong desire to work hard and serve the Lord... Does it get any better than that?!  

So on Sunday we attended a live stream broadcast from the Kia theater.  THE PHILIPPINES JUST REACHED 100 STAKES!!  Elder Neil L. Anderson visited to help open the 100th stake in Mandaluyong, which is our mission!!  I felt the spirit so strongly during the conference, just thinking about how grateful I am to be serving in a country that is so prepared for the gospel and it just keeps motivating us to keep pushing because we are only getting started here and I know there are people here that the Lord is preparing for us to teach! 

Last P-day with the squad in Tondo (Team Drogas)  If any of you were wondering, all of us were transferred.

Here are some of our investigators that were super hard to say bye to. They'll be getting baptized the last week of this month and Sister Mariefe will be getting married as well!! 

In-field orientation with the new missionaries

This is me and my Anak (son)  Elder Asay.  He is THE MAN.  He's super chill and we get along super well, mostly because he's into sports and knows what Chick fil-a is :))

Sorry this email was so dang long but this week was awesome.  I'll be sure to send some pictures of the area next week!!  I love you all!

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment