Sunday, May 6, 2018

Fireside feat. Elder Haynie

Hello my beloved friends and family!  I'm hopefully going to have a lot of fun photos to share and that will be able to explain how great my week was.

It didn't start out too well because we had to say bye to one of my best friends here in the mission, Elder Fiesta.  We go pretty back as he was my very first Zone Leader here in the mission back in my first area and he's taught me so much about the importance of being obedient and showed me the urgency in the work.  We'll miss him tons.  He'll hopefully be studying at BYU Hawaii though so maybe I'll get the chance to see him down the road.



-We had interviews held at the office with President Fermanis all week.  It's always a fun time being able to talk with some missionaries from all over the mission and catch up with them.  

-Thursday was MLC and we decided it would be a good idea to order S&R pizza (which is basically the Costco of the Philippines).  The only downside to it was we had to carry 16 boxes of pizza through a mall to get it over there.  This was the result of the very bottom pizza.



A fun highlight of my week was Stake Conference with Elder Allen D. Haynie on Saturday and Sunday.  We had the chance to listen to him speak about the importance of Ministering.  Ministering has become a very popular topic within the church, as it should be.  Nothing indicates true disciples of Jesus Christ more than caring for one another as His example has shown us to do.  
After the Stake Conference we had a fireside at the mission home with some fellow missionaries and their investigators.  We were able to bring a family that we have been teaching, Sister Susan and her children.  It was a very successful fireside and we had the opportunity to hear testimonies from those investigating the church and it was a very spiritually powerful atmosphere.  I'm so grateful to be able witness the conversion that comes upon all those who gain a testimony that this church is true and are baptized.  



Additional Pictures:

1- We bought dog shirts on P-day


2- Friends from MLC, Elder Tuiatua and Elder Davie


3- After the fireside I found a young man with the same tie as me.  He'll also be applying for his mission soon to get the matching nametag as well!


4- At the fireside yesterday I was able to catch up with some friends from my first area.  PARAÑAQUE 2ND WARD WOO


5- Post fireside pic


So that's it for my week, it was awesome and I'm loving it here in the mission field.  Change is coming, just stay tuned.  Have an awesome week, love you guys!!

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment