Monday, May 21, 2018

MISSION XV11: RETURN TO MANILA

Yes you heard me right, Elder Burdeos has been TRANSFERRED.  Leaving the office after 8 months was sad because it's kind of a different life there and i'm going to miss the people that I had the opportunity to work with.  I learned a lot about being responsible and finding ways around problems but I go where the Lord wants me. 

I've been assigned in the Manila/Mandaluyong Zone and I will be covering the Sampaloc ward and the Manila Young Single Adult Ward (MYSA).  For the third time in my mission I will be "fresh starting" an area or in other words coming to an area with a companion who is also new to the area.  It can be difficult at times but it gives us motivation to work harder and take more risks because if we don't we'll be doing a whole lot of walking and a lot less teaching hahaha.  I absolutely love it here and it's nice to have more time to proselyte in our area.  My companion is Elder Viñas and he is from a province in the Philippines called Samar.  He's super funny and he's very similar to Elder Somosa, one of my past companions.  We along well and he's a big help because this was his first area so he can remember a little bit about the area and he's met the majority of the members.  We attend two churches and I enjoy that immensely because sometimes as a missionary you tend to forget how holy and important the Sabbath Day is because all of the days start blending together; but with all that time dedicated to attending church and remembering the Savior it provides that spiritual boost that we need to keep us going every week.
The wards here are great and i'm super excited to work with them.  We share the ward with the Sister Training Leaders and they've been a great help in showing us around and introducing us to members.  We met with our District Leaders on Saturday and we discussed the plans that we have for our Zone.  We'll also be having a Zone Meeting on Thursday where Elder Viñas and I will implement the new ideas that we've come up with for our zone. 
That's just a little update because I don't have too much time!  Love you guys!  (Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment because I left my card reader at the office before I transferred but i'll have some next week I promise :)
Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment