Monday, May 14, 2018

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

I just got off the phone after skyping my family and it felt amazing to be able to communicate with them again.  I'd just like to take this time to testify that families are forever and I am more than honored to have the privilege to share that message to those who are in need of that knowledge.  I know that this is all possible through Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice.  Also on this day I am especially grateful for the role of Mothers and the importance of their callings in this life.  

Along with being able to call my family, this week was awesome!!  A very spiritual experience happened at a baptism that we attended on Saturday.  Due to some miscommunication, the baptismal font had not been filled prior to the start of the baptism therefore by the time of the ordinance, the water was way too low and not high enough for the baptism.  In order to speed up the process, we decided to fill up tanks of water from other sources of water found around the church facility and dumped them into the baptismal font.  It was a incredible to witness the investigator who was getting baptized that day was a big help in filling up and emptying the heavy tanks of water to fill the font to a reasonable level.  It was a very strong sign of his desire to be baptized and also a witness of his the conversion that he must have went through to get to that point.  Definitely a baptism to be remembered.

Saturday was my last p-day in the office therefore we decided to go all out and went to Ocean Park!  My favorite aquarium.  It honestly just keeps getting better and better every time I go haha.

Pictures:

1. They threw Elder Reber and I a farewell party as we will be leaving the office this transfer.
2. We held a family history activity at a place here called BGC which is a pretty rich city with tons of skyscrapers and call centers.  I was expecting the people there to be kind of uptight and mean but they were the complete opposite and welcoming to the message!    
3. We "blitzed" the Makati 2nd ward and afterwards we hooked our district up with some dessert because we hit our goal.
4. BEAUTIFUL OCEAN PARK
5. We met a returned Sister missionary named Sister Long who served in Legazpi mission and she tagalog-ed my face off.
6. Penguins :)

Love you mommy!!  Have an amazing week guys!!  See you in the field!







No comments:

Post a Comment