Monday, July 3, 2017

Goodbye President Ostler

HAPPY JULY 3RD ALMOST JULY 4TH!!  I'm the only American in my apartment so there will be no celebration this week for us:((( But nevertheless I love the land of the free and the home of the brave go America!  Well anyways this week was not the best hahaha.  Many things went wrong which are including but not limited to:
1)  President and Sister Ostler finished their missions and go home today 
2)  AGAIN, our house had no water from Tuesday until Saturday and this time it was our house missionary (the missionary in charge of paying bills)'s fault.  We took it as a sign that we needed to communicate and request more help from our members, they provided us with water for the most part and they are walking tender mercies :)))
3)  Manny Pacquiao lost

So this week was pretty challenging but we are just kind of rolling with it right now haha.


Here is a picture of us at our final zone conference with President Ostler!  We found Elder Albis who just barely left Tondo and has already lost a TON of weight.  Lucky guy.



The Elder with the red tie on the left is Elder Cram.  He approached me at zone conference and said, "HEY I KNOW YOU!!  YOU'RE THAT DASHINGLY HANDSOME, BEAUTIFUL, POPULAR, LIKE REALLY HANDSOME FILIPINO BOY FROM RIVERTON HIGH SCHOOL!!"  (just kidding but he really said) "Hey!!!  I know you from Riverton High School!!"  I finally found another Silverwolf.  We became friends immediately of course.

And here he is, the man himself, President Ostler.  President has been such a huge blessing to us here in the Philippines Manila Mission.  When he spoke, it was always so apparent that this man was called of God to guide and lead this mission.  He has given me advice and life lessons that I will never forget and i'm really grateful to have known him and Sister Ostler who is directly to the left of my big head if you look closely.


Trials, trials, trials, but the harder it gets, the more you learn to rely on the Lord and realize he loves us and wouldn't let us die in the middle of a waterless rat filled apartment :))  The Church is true have an amazing week I love you

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment