Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sleepless and soaked

This week was QUITE the roller coaster.  From walking through floods due to heavy rain, to all of us getting up at 4 am to kill a rat, and having a super fun family home evening.  
Rainy season really slapped us in the face this week.  We worked every day in the heavy rain.  The streets were flooded and luckily for me my shoes have now torn holes from all the walking so it always feels like I am walking on two swimming pools :')  The rain really affects the work and progression of our area because nobody really wants to hear from or let in two soaking wet Mormon missionaries to their home.  It's also quite the struggle to do laundry because the only place to hang our clothes is out in the pouring rain so we really have to think of ways around this season.
I've been coming home exhausted every single night and it has been super frustrating with all of the problems physically that stunt the work from progressing.  I definitely neglected the physical aspect to missionary work.  After all of these trials I couldn't help but be super frustrated and annoyed with never getting a break from all of these problems, up until Sunday.  Our lesson in Gospel Principles class on Sunday was about trials.  EVERYBODY has trials and hardships in their life.  We just have to remember, that's the way that got intended it to be.  If we didn't have any stumbling blocks along the way or anything to push us out of our comfort zone, we would never grow or be what our Heavenly Father wants us to be and knows we can become.  When I really thought about and pondered that it really helped me to change my attitude about the struggles i'm facing here.  I mean, the weather here still sucks but that shouldn't be my biggest problem at the moment.  It's all about preaching the Gospel and finding those who are prepared.  Anything in between can be dealt with.

Elder Dominguez is still the man.

This is the rat who woke all of us up at 4 am.  I know you can't really see him so here's a picture after we poured boiling hot water on him

If this seems a little bit cruel to you just keep in mind he ate my toothpaste at one point. 

We had a super fun ward family home evening on Saturday.  It was a huge success so they have decided to do it every month from now on!!

Love you all have an amazing week! The church is true.

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment