Sunday, July 16, 2017

Hard Work and Blessings

This week was very rewarding and i'm very grateful for it.  Definitely a change from the last couple of weeks that we have been having hahaha.  So i'd like to start by sharing a spiritual experience that we had during the week.  

We were teaching some of our investigators, the Francisco Family.  They are some of the hardest investigators to teach, not because they are unreceptive or unwilling to progress, but because while we are teaching them I can't hear a dang thing.  Their house contains about 8 adults and 10 kids in a house smaller than the size of an average Utah living room.  Whenever we start to teach there is ALWAYS something distracting and loud going on in the room.  So we were just teaching them as usual and of course the kids start losing control and running around and our investigators are more focused on calming them down than listening to our message but then something really cool happened.  We started talking about how following the example of Jesus Christ and it went DEAD SILENT.  I am not even kidding I was freaked out.  The kids were literally just sitting there not saying anything, our investigators were staring at us engaged in the lesson and I honestly felt uncomfortable.  But when the spirit literally clears the room for you what do you do?  Invite to be baptized!  We extended the baptismal invitation to them right there in the middle of the lesson and they accepted it.  We've extended a lot of invitations to be baptized but that one really stood out to me.

So fast forward to Sunday and NONE of our investigators or unretained converts showed up at church and it had just started.  At that point I was pretty disappointed, it kind of felt like all of the hard work we put in this week had just been flushed down the drain.  While sitting there feeling bad for myself like a little weenie Elder Sison tapped me on the shoulder and I looked up and there they were at the front gate of the church.  One of our unretained convert families, 2 unretained siblings, and following not too far behind them, our the Francisco family that I mentioned earlier.  Thank the heavens for being merciful hahaha.  No effort goes wasted and I know that God sees all hard work of His Children.

So that's my spiritual experience for this week and freak I love being a missionary. 

I went on exchanges with Elder Amorin and their area is huge so it was just a ton of walking.  We went up about 6 flights of stairs and I was just about to faint and he took to me this nice view they have in their area which was super breezy and relaxing.  Pretty sweet place to just rest if you're still alive by the time you make it up there.





Baby that's my philosophy.

Love you all have a far greater than average week!!!

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment