Sunday, October 8, 2017

General Conference pt. 2

So I finally had the chance to watch general conference and it really gave me that spiritual fire I needed.  I remember back in the day (like one year ago) I would get super bored and I would not be able to pay attention but it's like the whole perspective of the General Conference has changed for me as a missionary.  It's such a privilege to hear from our leaders every six months and is just one more of the millions of reasons that this is the true and restored church of Jesus Christ.  I won't go into depth about what I learned but I would like to invite you all to watch it if you have not already and if you already have, set a goal to watch it a couple more times and I know that you will continue to feel the power of the words of God.  Even though our dear prophet Thomas S. Monson was not able to attend you could still feel his spirit.  

A fun experience that we had this week took place while we were walking to the church one day to teach an investigator there.  On the way, we noticed a nice old lady chilling in a wheelchair just watching people pass by.  We decided to start a conversation with her and like 30 seconds into the conversation she just starts crying really hard and telling us about how her kids kicked her out of the house and she has a skin condition which gives her difficulty walking and nobody helps her.  This story kind of broke our hearts and we couldn't help but feel super bad for her.  I asked her if there was anything that we could do for her and she kept declining and telling us it was okay and she didn't need help.  We kept pushing and pushing for her to let us help her with something and she finally told us that she has some friends at the top of a hill on that road and she wanted to go talk to them but she couldn't make it up there on her own.  So without hesitation I started to walk behind her wheelchair and told her I was pushing her up the hill, she thought I was kidding up until I actually started pushing.  She was laughing the whole time as we pushed her up this hill and as some of her friends in the little neighborhood were asking her what was going on she would always respond, "I'm being deported! They caught me!"  hahaha she's awesome and we managed to get her up the hill and with her friends.  We'll start teaching her this Wednesday and we're super excited.  

Small acts of service can really help us to feel the pure love of Christ and charity for those around us.  When Jesus Christ himself was here, not only did He teach those who were willing to listen but he also showed His love through His actions to each of God's children by serving them.  Being a missionary is such an honor and Elder Asay and I have been working harder and harder to make sure that we don't take this chance that God has given us for granted (granite).  

Don't forget to get out and vote for good ol' Romeo "Lucky" Medina for Kagawad.

They had a mural painting contest in our area back in 2012 so you'll see cool murals like these all around on walls and underground passes.

This is probably my favorite little girl.  Her name is Eileen and she is super chill and mature for her age.  No joke I could probably just sit there and talk politics with her.

I convinced these little kids that Elder Asay was Captain America and so they wanted to take pictures.  Elder Asay handed them pamphlets and told them Hulk wanted them to give the pamphlets to their parents hahaha what a guy.

love you bye

No comments:

Post a Comment