Sunday, October 29, 2017

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Kamusta na kayo? Happy Halloween!!!!! If any of you have any sick costumes be sure to send them to me I would love to see them. Turns out they celebrate Halloween here in the Philippines and you get really cute little kids giving you high fives on the streets while you're trying to baptize their parents :))) Tuesday: Here in the Philippines they have what's called "coding". It means that if your license plate ends in a certain number, you are not allowed to drive for a specific day of the week from 7am- 8pm. Pretty weird but it helps the traffic out a ton. So we forgot our vehicle was coding and woke up late so we ended up walking to the office and to the area which was a total of about 3 hours hahaha. Wednesday: The assistants forgot to switch our van out so we had to walk to the office again and it was even better the second time. Thursday: We ran to the LTO in the Quezon City mission with some missionaries to go pick up their licenses. I ended up seeing one of my companions from the MTC, Elder Casares!! He was very friendly and even though we didn't quite get along in the MTC I realized that I missed him and it was nice to catch up with him. We waited at the LTO for like 4 hours just sitting there then when we left we got a call from the assistants that we needed to move out of the house due to some emergency transfers and housing problems. So we are currently homeless... Not really, we're actually staying at the mission home right now with the Assistants, air conditioning, and heated showers. Homeless has never felt so good. Friday: I went on exchanges with one of my best friends in the mission, Elder Fiesta. He's one of the assistants and he was one of my first friends back in my first area haha. I learned a lot from teaching lessons with him. Something that I would really like to try to improve in my teaching is listening with love to those we teach. Also Elder Asay called us and told us that a couple of the investigators that we taught in our area was interviewed and being baptized so that was exciting!


Front row seats to the car show here



Elder Casares (My MTC companion) and I at the LTO


Best license plate ever

 So as you can tell this week has been a great learning experience for me and I've learned to just go with the flow and if I have a positive attitude about all the trials and hardships that i'm going through right now, the Lord will provide a way for everything to work out, 100% of the time. FUN NEWS: PRESIDENT WILL BE SENDING THE OFFICE ELDERS AND ASSISTANTS TO CORON ON SATURDAY SO THAT WE CAN HELP THE ELDERS DOWN THERE GET THEIR WARD STARTED IN A NEW AREA. I'M SO EXCITED, MY PICTURES NEXT WEEK ARE GOING TO BE SO COOL SO STAY TUNED. BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT TO MY BIG SISTER ALYSSA!!! Have an amazing week AND A REAL SPOOPY HALLOWEEN!

 -- ELDER BURDEOS
"IT'S BOUT TO GET REAL SPOOPY IN HERE" ​
 The Church of​ ​ ​ ​Jesus Christ​ ​ ​​ of Latter-day Saints​
2016 - 2018 PHILIPPINES MANILA MISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment