Sunday, October 1, 2017

(James) "Harden Not Your Hearts"

I should make that into a t-shirt.  Rest in Peace Elder Hales, what an incredible example of a dedicated servant of the Lord.

A big theme that came to me this week was hardening not our hearts.  I pondered the meaning of what the scriptures mean when they reference that saying and some things that I decided would really help me to harden not my heart were to: 
- Be more humble
- Have a good attitude
- Obey willingly
If we soften our hearts and hearken unto the Lord in all of our doings, He will let us know why things that we don't expect in our life are happening and reveal more of what he has in store for us.  

Good ol' Elder Asay and I have been working every minute of every day, so when we came to church on Sunday and none of our investigators that we expected show up actually showed up, it was super hard for us.  However if I were to complain at that moment and grow angry at God or feel bad for myself that would go completely against what I have been studying this week about hardening not our hearts.  So we continued to be humble and have faith during the rest of that meeting and really felt the spirit as the members bore their testimonies (by the way we haven't seen general conference yet due to time differences so it was just fasting testimony meeting).  Anyways after the meeting we got up and turned around and it turns out our investigators were there the whole time but we just didn't see them hahaha!  What an incredible feeling and example of the blessings that will come if we put our trust in the Lord.  

Welcome to Buendia

President Fermanis allowed me to go to lunch with some of my family last P-Day and they spoiled my companion and I yet again.  If you're reading this, Auntie Susie or Milet, I love you you're the best.  This is the cheesecake I got and it's plate was in the shape of a mousetrap.  Legendary.

We met with some of our members this week including the Thayn family.  We just talked about their missions and "Stranger Things" and they are now my best friends here in Makati.  They're amazing.  

I love you all have a stellar week.

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment