Friday, October 13, 2017

The Office Season 10 (feat. Elder Burdeos)

So much change in so little time.  I got a call on Thursday night from President Fermanis saying that he wants me as an Office Elder in the mission office and that i'll be replacing good ol' Elder Webster.  I had a lot of mixed feelings about that call because of reasons such as:
  1. I won't have the chance to finish training Elder Asay or see any of the baptisms that we had set up for the area.
  2. Elder Webster (The Elder i'll be replacing) has been in the office for the last 15 months so replacing him would be like when Will Ferrell tried to replace Steve Carrell on "The Office"... A disaster
  3. And of course the worst one:  I HAVE TO DRIVE IN CENTRAL MANILA.
So there were some downsides to being called to the office but I learned shortly after that being an office Elder is tight.  We get to do all of the behind the scenes work with helping with transfers and stuff you never take into account when you think about missionary work such as housing, supplies, finances, and mission documentation.  Doesn't sound too fun and it didn't to me at first but now i'm loving it and i'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve here.  
    As Far as the new area goes, it's looking pretty promising so far.  On my first night in the area we met with one of their recent converts, Clair.  Clair has one of the strongest testimonies and it is so powerful to hear her bear it while we teach her.  She hasn't exactly had a break from her problems in a while, she went on about how there are a lot of trials in her life right now like not having any electricity in her house, the city hall losing her health card, and taking her youngest daughter to the doctor after getting hurt outside and stuff like that.  After hearing her problems I would imaging she would be a little frustrated but after explaining everything to us she turned to us and said, "But Elders, I have God and we're going to be okay".  It was pretty powerful and you can tell the spirit has really found a way into her heart.  


Our Zone went to the Manila Zoo this last P-Day.  I give it a solid 8.0/10

I drove for the first time on Thursday and I absolutely hated it :')))

Keep us in your prayers hahaha love you all have an amazing week!

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment