Sunday, September 2, 2018

TWO DECADES

What a fun week it's been here in the Manila/Mandaluyong Zone.  

On Tuesday we were able to test out one of my ideas that I came up with!  It's called the Find-Off and it's a super basic concept.  It's a district vs. district finding activity, within the span of 2 hours.  We were able to see some success come from it, within that span of  2 hours we as a zone were able to teach and find 25 new people!!  

Friday the MIR held a mini MTC event which was a success!  There were a good amount of non-members who attended and it was such an awesome experience to see non-members take upon themselves the role of a missionary!! There they learned how to teach, share scriptures, and follow mission rules.

Saturday was my birthday and man it was such an amazing time.  Prior to serving a mission I always thought that holidays and birthdays in the mission were going to be sad and terrible but the members and missionaries still find a way to make it an enjoyable experience for you.  The members in our ward gave me kind letters and surprised me with a cake!!  The Sister missionaries in the ward gave me a GIANT card signed by some of my best friends in the mission and favorite members.  It meant so much to me and I'm grateful for everybody who made my birthday a special day.  It did however end kind of awkwardly with us attending a funeral service but that's okay I still had a great day.  

Sunday was the Manila Stake Conference.  It was crazy because a year ago I attended the same stake conference at that same chapel when I was assigned in Tondo and it felt like that was yesterday.  Time flies.  President and Sister Fermanis also gave some super strong talks and that was super enlightening to us.  They spoke about the importance of reading from the Book of Mormon EVERY SINGLE DAY!!  Imagine reading from the Book of Mormon as talking on the phone with our Heavenly Father.  Also imagine that every time we refuse to read it's like we are putting Heavenly Father on hold or rejecting His call.  JUST READ IT!  IT WILL BLESS YOU I PROMISE!

I had an amazing week!!!  I received some fun news that I'm excited to share with you guys on a later date hahaha.  

I have so many pictures to show you guys but my card reader isn't working so I guess we'll have to wait another week :(((((  I do have some from yesterday though :)  ALSO I WILL NOT BE EMAILING UNTIL TUESDAY NEXT WEEK DUE TO OUR TEMPLE DAY!  

Love you guys tons!  Have an amazing week!

Elder Burdeos



-- 


ELDER BURDEOS

2016 - 2018
PHILIPPINES MANILA MISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment