Sunday, December 24, 2017

MALIGAYANG PAKSIW!!

It's officially the best day of the whole year.  The year that people from all around the world celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and his ministry here on Earth.  Yeah, Christmas as a missionary is lonely and sad when you think about your family and all that you're missing out on but while you're sad you start to remember the reason that you chose to serve in the first place and it actually ends up being a very comforting feeling.  Pretty weird that it's already my last Christmas here in the field.  I took tons of pictures this week so be ready for that.

TUESDAY:  We had our zone temple day.  I love this temple and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.  For those of you who haven't had the chance to go through it yet, do everything in your power to do that as soon as possible.  It will change your life.



FRIDAY: We had our mission Christmas party and it was so dang fun.  Something that really stuck out to me was hearing the whole mission sing "O Come All Ye Faithful".  That song took a whole different meaning as I sat around my fellow missionaries.  We had a missionary talent show and it was one of the highlights of my whole mission.  This is a very talented mission and I feel so out of place hahaha. 


Saturday: I received my Christmas gift for this year.  The one directly to the right of me is Sister Jessica whom I mentioned in some of my past emails.  One day she approached us and informed us that after 4 weeks her older sister was finally okay with her getting baptized.  She's such a tender mercy from the Lord and we'll make sure that the transition from us to the ward goes smoothly.  After the baptism we had originally planned to spend the day at Mall of Asia and to see the lights down there but something came up within the mission so we ended up bowling instead.  Still just as fun and I learned I still have my sick bowling skills.  We ended the night at President Notarte's house for a family home evening.  




Sunday:  We had Christmas eve at our chapel which was only sacrament meeting.  Sister Dulay's mom is from Utah and has met my parents some time in the past hahaha!  Such a small world it's crazy.  The Giffords (Our Senior couple in the office) invited us over to have dinner with them for Christmas Eve.  They did such and amazing job of making us feel at home and Sister Gifford is so good at cooking.



I love my mission and the people in my mission.  Having the chance to represent Jesus Christ and share messages about His gospel is a privilege and even though it's really hard to be away from all of you back home there is no other place that I would rather be at this time.  I testify that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves each and every one of us.  I love you all so much, be sure to spend time with those who mean the most to you and to always remember the reason for the season.  Maligayang Pasko!!! 


-Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment