Monday, December 4, 2017

Happy Light The World / Silver Rush

This week was just insane.  I didn't get to bed at 10:30 any night this week because we have been so booked with transfers.  I'll just give the rundown of a couple of days we had this week.

Tuesday:  We headed to the area office which is right by the temple in to pick up our rental car.  After we took the car back we helped departing missionaries weigh their luggage and get ready for their flights home.  One of those missionaries included one of my companions, Elder Webster.  He's the one who was in the office for 17 months of his mission and an incredible missionary.  After all was done, the hotel that we normally leave our missionaries at had no rooms available so we went to a hotel all the way in the Quezon City mission to drop them all off.  During the car ride I started to play funeral music like bag pipes and stuff which Elder Webster enjoyed immensely.  I Had to say goodbye to some outstanding missionaries then Elder Cram, my other companion, and I headed home.  It was quite the drive and we got home at 12:30 am.  
Wednesday:  We woke up early to go pick up the new missionaries from the MTC.  A good like 90% of them are Polynesian which I have no problem with because they are super good at singing and hard workers.  We ran back and forth from the office and the mission home running errands for President and our office couple.  At the end of the night there were tons of Elders and Sisters who were unable to find taxis so we had to take them home and that may have been the worst decision I've ever made.  We left at around 6:30 pm and it took us 5 hours to drop off 3 sets of missionaries.  My buns were so sore after that I couldn't walk.  Those poor pan de sals.

We've still been paying for the harsh side effects of transfer day.  Who knew it would be so hard to have missionaries get from point A to point B.  

It was one of the most frustrating weeks of my whole life but I'm so grateful to have help coming from those around me and of course our loving Heavenly Father.  This whole week has been full of small tender mercies and blessings that I have seen even though sometimes I feel I do not deserve the help or support.  I'd like to testify that Heavenly Father never forgets about His children and that He wants to see us succeed in life sees the potential in each and every one of us.  Because of this, we need to struggle and go through hard times in order to become the people that He knows we can be and reach our full potential.  I'm grateful to be a missionary and it's such an honor to be a part of this marvelous work.

“But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.”  - 1 Nephi 9:6

One of our Elders in the mission got an infection in his eye this week.  He's hilarious and goes around calling himself Cyborg.


This picture is from the hotel we dropped all of the departing missionaries off at. ​


I got to see the beloved Robles family from Makati 2nd at our Stake Conference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment