Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Week my Brain Took a Vacation / Light the World week 2

I did a lot of unintentional stupid stuff this week which actually led to this week being hilarious and amazing.  

I hope everybody is having a fantastic holiday season!  As a missionary, you really start to love the Christmas season even more because you begin to realize how cool it is that people all over the world are coming together to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the greatest gift that this world has every received.  We've been running back and forth, trying to prepare for this upcoming mission tour so not much has happened there but here's a list of those unintentional stupid things that I did this week just so you can all make fun of me:

- We were in a parking garage at a mall to buy ties for the mission and we had to make a sharp right turn.  Elder Fiesta asked me to check if our wheels were going to hit the curb so I intended to stick my head out the window to check but I forgot to roll down the window so I ended up just banging my head on the glass while the other 4 laughed at me.

- We were at a restaurant and my food was steaming hot so right as I was about to blow on it, Elder Reber started talking to me and not thinking, I turned to him and started blowing on his face.

- I was standing up from my desk and the box that holds all of the computer equipment was left open so I hit my head on that. That one was a less forgiving mistake haha...

- I was poking my head into President's office to tell him something and the door hit a sudden stop in the floor so I hit my head on the door.  President was dying.


Unfortunately there are a lot more...  ANYWAYS.

Here are my pictures for this week:



We had a sweet Christmas party in our ward.  It was so dang fun and we got to perform a song that I made out of 3 Tagalog Christmas songs that we used to sing for caroling before I left!  I'll send the video hopefully next week.


​My awesome companion Elder Cram plays the piano for the Christmas choir so while they practiced I just sat there and gave them a thumbs up or thumbs down on how they sounded :))​


Mury krismis from SM Makati.

ALSO CHRISTMAS IS COMING EARLY FOR ME THIS YEAR BECAUSE OUR INVESTIGATOR WAS FINALLY ALLOWED TO GET BAPTIZED BY HER OLDER SISTER!  December 23rd is going to be a great day.  

I believe in miracles.  The church is true.  Be sure to roll down your windows before you stick your head through them.  Love you

Elder Burdeos

No comments:

Post a Comment